It is no surprise that Winter brings cooler temperatures to the Twin Tiers. You may be wondering what in the world you can do with your Little when the chill of the outdoors isn't so thrilling. Here is a list of our top 20 things to do in our area this Winter.
1. Take in a movie at the Sayre, Keystone or Rialto Theatre.
2. Make Smore's Indoors: Purewow has the steps you need!
3. Play a board game
4. Visit the Discovery Museum of Play in Binghamton, NY to check out their new Energy Exhibit.
5. Visit The Strong: National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY
6. Support the Bradford County Regional Arts Society and the Missoula Children's Theatre performing Gulliver's Travels on Feb. 11th at they Keystone Theatre and Mar. 4th at Nelle Black Westgate Auditorium in Canton.
7. Teach your Little a new skill. Whether it be craft making, computer building, sewing or even just basic fix-it skills; take whatever you are good at and pass that knowledge along.
8. Flip through a cookbook to find a meal they'd like to try: shop and cook together.
9. Create a care package for a soldier.
10. Conduct a Science experiment: You can find a whole list here.
11. Complete a puzzle
12. Volunteer at the Bradford County Humane Society. They always need friends to walk the dogs and play with the kittens.
13. Bake cookies and deliver them to a Senior Care Center in your community.
14. Host an ettiquete dinner.
15. Create an "Activity Jar": Discuss ideas of activities you'd like to do together and compile them in a jar. In the future, if you can't decide on an activity, refer back to the list you made!
16. Play video games.
17. Go ice skating.
18. Attend the BBBS Kid's Zumba class on Feb. 11 at the Bradford County YMCA.
19. Have an indoor picnic or tea party.
20. Raise money and attend our Bowl 4 Kids Sake Event.
I hope you enjoyed this list and that you find fun things that you and your Little can do together while staying warm this Winter!
Bradford and Sullivan Counties, PA:
10 Park Street, Suite 2
Towanda, PA 18848
Broome and Tioga Counties, NY:
99 Oak Street, Suite 1A
Binghamton, NY 13905
Tioga County, PA:
10 Pearl Street
Wellsboro, PA 16901